Joshua 1:9 MSG : “Haven’t I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. GOD, your God, is with you every step you take.”
Psalm 25:5 TPT : “Escort me along the way; take me by the hand and teach me. For you are the God of my increasing salvation; I have wrapped my heart into yours!”
Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Watch & listen to the video below: Casting Crowns| Courageous
Runtime: 4min 19sec
1. Do you think God has one “masterplan” or “blueprint” for all men to follow, or do think He has a path specifically intended for you?
2. Either way, how do you think we as men can get to know the content of this masterplan, blueprint or personal path?
3. In previous sessions, Dr Robert Lewis spoke about farther that need to intentionally guide or supply guidance to their sons. Has your own farther supplied you with a guideline or life-principles for life. If he has how did he do it?
4. If you look at society, local community and even leaders of this country, do you think men are “winging it”, wandering aimlessly? Do think things might have been different if men and men in power were well guided in life and life skills.
5. Why do think so many men are not equipped (ill-equipped) in life?
6. In Joshua 1:9 God commanded us men to live in Strength & Courage. If He has commanded it, surely He has equipped us men with it! If then if Strength & Courage is planted – woven into our DNA as men, then how do tap into it, discover it, live it?
7. If you look at the movies, tv programs and society these days, do you think there is a war being waged against manhood? Who is waging this war? And why?
8. In the song above it confirms Joshua 1:9 – that we were made to be courageous, do you think we men as a society are sitting on the sidelines watching things slip away? Of which man does this remind you in the Bible – a man that stood by while satan had deep conversations with his wife? Are you this guy?
9. If I would ask your wife and kids the same question as above, what will they answer? Are you sure? Are you assuming this or did you ask them?
10. Last week we saw that the enemy is using addictions like porn to keep men from becoming that man God created them to be, what other addictions is he using? Have you become aware of any addictions or bad habits the past two weeks that you are failing to address or overcome? Be truthful and write them down.
11. Are there any addictions or bad habits your wife, partner or someone close to you are battling with? Are you standing by while the enemy is having “deep conversations” with them?
12. Is there anything that the Holy Spirit has placed on your heart that you need to do after his session? Will you be courageous enough to do it?
Pray these words before you go onto Step 2.
Heavenly Father, you are my shield and my sword. You are possessive of me and concerned about my well-being. You are a magnificent Abba! Whenever the enemy has tried to break me, you have been there to protect me and uplift me. You have kept me and protected me for all my years on this earth. My Lord, today I ask for courage. There are things that I face today and, Lord, I need courage to face these trials in my life. I need the kind of courage you gave Nehemiah that he was able to speak to a king and build a wall, even in the face of opposition. I pray that when opposition comes my way, you will make me brave. Put the words in my mouth to calm the storm that rises up against me. Even though I may be fearful, I know you are my protector.
Lord, even when things in my life look dismal as if there is no end, help me to remember that in Deuteronomy 31:8 you said: “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged.”
In Jesus Name Amen.
Watch the video below: Wild Life Session 7 | The Adventure . Write it while you watch it so you don’t forget it.
Runtime: 14min 12sec
Man, this is really good. You should write it down.
13. Write down a few words to describe the man you want to be.
14. Can you tell or describe the difference between having a “masterplan” and be fathered?
15. What does fathered mean? Can you define it in words?
16. How have you been looking for a “master plan” instead of a Father?
17. As men we are mostly practical inclined, how does it feel to realize that there is no “masterplan for men” but rather Fatherhood and Sonship?
18. Write down some ways you’ve been fathered by people and situations.
19. What’s your biggest take-away from our weeks together so far?
20. What’s keeping you away from of becoming that man you described in Question 13?
21. How has God fathered you?
22. How have you been fathered by other men? Do you still need a mentor or godly friends, although you are fathered by God?
23. To be fathered you need to be a son! What will you do to become more like a child—a son—in your relationship with God?
Pray this prayer
Heavenly Father, You are a good Father. Thank You for all the ways You’ve fathered us, even the difficult times when we didn’t see it. We may not have a master plan, but we have something better: we have You. Jesus, thank You for giving up Your place so we could be sons. Teach us to trust the Father. Amen.
Watch the video below: Skate | Fathering kids
Runtime: 7min 04sec
24. Whether it’s your children, students, nephews and nieces, or people you work with, you have influence with people who are younger than you. Who are the “kids” in your life?
25. Do these “kids” need a “blueprint / masterplan” or do they need fathering?
26. Does the fact that we need fathering vs “masterplans” change your perception on how to bring up your own kids, especially the boys?
27. Have you been planning and creating “masterplans” instead of fathering or being fathered?
28. When it comes to being a dad or influencing young people, what are some areas where you need God’s courage to help you to “drop in”, like Roger explained in the video above?
29. Read Matthew 19:14. Roger talked about how being present far outweighs being impressive. What are some changes you can make to be more actively present for the kids in your life?
30. How have you been trying to be impressive in life?
Meditate & Pray this Blessing & Promise:
My hand is upon you, and I will not fail to guide you on the perfect path I have chosen. Many are the doors I have opened for you. I am your Father who watches over you and every step that you take. When shadows linger on your path, I will be there to brighten your way. When you are confused, I will make my ways even clearer to you.
When your life is in my hands, you don’t need to worry about what direction to go. This isn’t a game of hide-and-seek. You don’t have to search for my will as though you’ve lost it. You must simply trust. My choices for your life will prevail, and you will one day see how perfectly I have guided you. I have chosen you. Because you are mine, I have commanded my angels to be in charge of your ways. As you walk with me, they protect and hold you so you will not stumble.
Never doubt my plans for your life, my child. I make no mistakes. Your earthly father may have failed and forgotten you, but I will never fail or forget you.
Connect with your group and group leader on WhatsApp again. Update them on how things are going. If you have need or prayer requests let them know.
Make sure you have week 7 discussion link and chat password. Get this from your LCF Group Leader.
Do not talk outside the group – mutual respect builds strong friendships and good character.
Come prepared & expectant – especially spiritually. Let the Holy Spirit work!
Be on the lookout for the next session: Session 8 – released every new Week.
Next time we’re together, 7 normal guys, just like you and me, rent a house and start talking about how it is to be fathered.
Living a life of power, prestige and wealth, regularly dined at the world’s banquet table, Wayne Huizenga Jr. recognized himself as lost.
Working alongside his father, the Chairman of Waste Management Inc, Junior enjoyed the perks that came with wealth, including owning three professional sports teams. He was free to drink heavily and quick to offer unvarnished comments and opinions to anyone in the room. He had available to him all the things the world had to offer—yet was never satisfied.
Something was missing in his life. Then an unlikely friendship began, leading to a previously unthinkable change in his life. Now no longer unfulfilled, Junior’s definition of success has a new meaning!